Healing Touch is an integrative energy therapy that can be combined with conventional medicine and psychological care for all ages and stages of life.
The goal of Healing Touch is to restore harmony and balance in the human energy system in order to support and facilitate physical, emotional, mental, and spiritual health.
Benefits of Healing Touch
- Creates relaxation and a sense of well-being
- Reduces acute and chronic pain
- Provides support during chemotherapy
- Enhances recovery after surgery
- Strengthens the immune system
- Reduces anxiety, stress, and depression
- Reduces the effects of trauma
- Deepens spiritual connection
- Supports the dying process
- Assists with grief management
- Promotes wellness and disease prevention
Many studies in Healing Touch modalities have been funded by internationally-recognized bodies such as the National Institute of Health, NASA, and special interest groups. Published and unpublished studies have been conducted that review the impact of Healing Touch therapies on many diseases and conditions.
What to Expect
People often want to know what to expect when scheduling a Healing Touch session. Here are some things to know:
- People do not disrobe and should wear comfortable clothing.
- Sessions range from 30 to 75 minutes.
- People may lie on a massage table or sit in a chair.
- There is an assessment of energy field prior to and after the Healing Touch session.
- Be prepared to discuss your needs. For example, are you seeking relaxation or stress management? Do you want relief from a specific symptom such as anxiety or pain? Are you preparing for surgery or some other procedure? You will get the most out of your session if you can be specific about your needs.
- A Healing Touch technique that is appropriate for your needs will be determined. This may include light physical touch or hand motions above the body.
- People have different reactions to Healing Touch therapy. Some describe sensations of energy moving, deep relaxation, feelings of being supported and nurtured, or visions of images and colors. Some patients experience an emotional release such as tears, or they may develop insight into specific areas of their lives.